Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Escapes: Road Trip

My mom and I have embarked on a Road Trip to Dallas, Texas.  In order to take full advantage of the sites along the way we re-routed our itinerary for scenic purposes.

I'm hoping to see vast desert plains, sweeping vistas, and red rock that look something like this:




Images via Peter Lik

These images are from the photographer Peter Lik.  I fell in love with his work when I was living in Australia.  His photography could be seen on every postcard throughout the country memorializing Australia's most beautiful locations.  Consequently, they are some of the prettiest postcards in the world (all small works of art)!  He has photographed the United States extensively and his books are a great addition to any coffee table. He now has many art galleries throughout the United States.


Image via Inn at Loretto
Do you know the way to Santa Fe?


Blog posts will still be up and running.

2 comments:

  1. Kate, I was dying thinking you took these photos at first ha! I should have known they were Peter Lik. I looked into buying one of his photos for the living room and quickly realized they were WAY out of my budget but maybe the coffee table book would be a good idea :). Hope you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have a hard act to follow :)

    ReplyDelete